Lithe, agile, sharp, fast and fun, the Pivot Shadowcat is a trail-carving expression of blazing speed and feline creative mayhem. Pivot ’s latest offering capitalizes on the acceleration and responsiveness of 27.5” wheels and acclaimed dw-link suspension to bring to life a bike that offers transformative capability for riders of every stripe.
A new frame that weighs less than the impressively light Trail 429 frame. Incredibly capable dw-Link suspension kinematics allow 140mm of travel to pedal with more snap and climb faster than many 120mm bikes. Serious light weight. Cheetah chasing down an antelope acceleration.
- Ultra-Light Hollow Core Carbon Frame.
- Class-Leading Strength to Weight Ratio.
- Seamlessly Integrated Headset Cups save weight and ensure easy service.
- Excellent Standover height for all sizes.
- Custom tuned Fox Live Valve builds allow for layers of tuning to allow for a plusher than plush feel unmatched by any other suspension setup.
- 140mm of supple-yet-efficient dw-link™ suspension travel featuring a vertically mounted trunnion metric air shock.
- Equipped with a 44mm offset 160mm-travel Fox 36 fork.
- Agile and playful 27.5” wheels with tires up to 2.4”
- Long and low modern geometry for a confident ride.
- Short 430mm Chainstays for snappy cornering.
- Large Water Bottle Clearance on all sizes.
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame.
- Hassle free full internal routing with Pivot cable port system.
- Featuring the easy to find UDH rear derailleur hanger for peace of mind when traveling the world
|Product||Pivot Shadowcat Pro XT/XTR Bike|
|Riding Type||Trail, Enduro / All-Mountain|
|Sizes and Geometry||
XS, SM, MD, LG View Geometry
|Wheel Size||27.5" (650b)|
|Frame Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Frame Material Details||Hollow Core Molding Technology Carbon front and rear triangles, custom-tuned carbon stiffness for each size, molded chainstay and down tube protection|
|Rear Shock||FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Kashima coating, trunnion mount, 185mm x 55mm
Optional upgrade: FOX Live Valve Factory
|Fork||FOX FLOAT 36 Factory, FIT4 damper, Kashima coating, 44mm offset
Optional upgrade: FOX Live Valve Factory
|Head Tube Diameter||Tapered, 1.125" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Headset||Pivot Precision, sealed integrated cartridge bearings|
|Handlebar||Phoenix Team Low Rise Carbon
Width: 760mm (XS/SM), 780mm (MD/LG)
|Stem||Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail|
|Grips||Phoenix Factory, lock-on|
|Brakes||Shimano Deore XT M8120, 4-piston, Shimano Deore XT 180mm CENTER LOCK rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Deore XT M8120|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore XT M8100, 12-speed, I-SPEC EV bracket|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, SGS cage|
|Cranks||Race Face Aeffect R|
|Chainrings||Race Face Aeffect R, 32 tooth|
|Bottom Bracket||Press-fit BB92 (PF92)|
|Chain||Shimano Deore XT M8100, 12-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Deore XT M8100, 12-speed, 10-51 tooth|
|Rims||DT Swiss XM1700, 30mm width
Optional upgrade: Reynolds Blacklabel Trail Pro, 32mm width
|Hubs||DT Swiss 350, 110x15mm Boost front, 148x12mm Boost rear with 36 tooth Star Ratchet freehub and MICRO SPLINE driver
Optional upgrade: Industry Nine (with Reynolds Blacklabel Trail Pro rims)
|Spokes||DT Swiss XM1700 wheelset
Optional upgrade: Reynolds Blacklabel Trail Pro/Industry Nine wheelset
|Tires||Maxxis Dissector, EXO, TR, 27.5" x 2.4"|
|Saddle||XS/SM: Phoenix WTB Pro High Tail Trail
MD/LG: Phoenix WTB Pro Vigo
|Seatpost||FOX Transfer Factory dropper, Kashima coating
Drop: 125mm (XS), 150mm (SM), 175mm (MD/LG)
|Seatpost Clamp||Single bolt, 36.4mm|
|Rear Dropout / Hub Dimensions||148x12mm Boost|
|Max. Tire Size||27.5" x 2.4"|
|Bottle Cage Mounts||One inside front triangle, one under down tube, plus accessory mounts under top tube (compatible with Pivot Tool Dock system)|
|Colors||Blue Mirage, Dangerfruit|
|Warranty||10 years frame, 1 year paint and finish, 5 years Phoenix components|
|Miscellaneous||• dw-link rear suspension design
• Internal cable routing with Cable Port System
• SRAM UDH (Universal Derailleur Hanger)